Burning Heart presents a Lauralee Farrer production

Finally, a long-awaited story. The first of many.

In a little more than a week, after years of work, the first installment of Praying the Hours will be seen publicly. That story, “None: The Prayer of the Mournful Songwriter,” has become very dear to us and we are glad to put it out in the world. The fact that something from this project will finally be seen has had a sobering effect on those of us who have been working on it from the beginning.

It’s easy in the midst of a long-form piece of work to keep your head down and push forward, one step at a time. To show even a piece of it to others is to look up from that labor and remember why we started in the first place: to remind ourselves that eternity is not something that happens after we die, but runs like a river under the surface of ordinary life. The images so familiar to us from this story remind us of how we have tapped into that along the way.

Above you will see a preview of None’s story. Thank you, to those of you who have traveled with us from any stage of the journey. Over the next year, there will be a lot of these little revelations: so, a new era has started.

Advertisements

6 responses

1. eternity reverberates in the telling! my heart leaps as my body is bound by gravity. a caged bird waiting to see my friends fly.

October 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm

2. Denise Klitsie

Lauralee… I am speechless, except to say it fills me exceptionally!

October 8, 2013 at 5:59 pm

3. Susan Boulanger

You have no idea how much I am looking forward to seeing this film in it’s fullness.

October 8, 2013 at 10:02 pm

4. Thanks. Yah. Just thanks.

October 9, 2013 at 5:17 am

5. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation however I to find this matter to be really
    something which I feel I would by no means understand.
    It kind of feels too complicated and very large for me.

I am taking a look ahead on your subsequent publish, I will try to
    get the hang of it!

July 14, 2014 at 6:15 pm

6. The art of business promotion and making money from Linked – In is not much
    different than for using social media for marketing sites like
    Facebook or Twitter. Linked – In also offers an option to upgrade to a
    paid premium account. Explore to develop your business in well-organized manner.

August 17, 2014 at 9:16 am